🠈 Parowan, Utah 🠊
Established in 1851, Parowan is the county of seat of Iron County, Utah. Many of the towns founders went on to help establish other cities such as Saint George and Cedar City.
The area was "discovered" by Parley Pratt in 1850 and settled, at the request of Brigham Young, in 1851 with the hope of developing Iron deposits in the area.
The name "Parowan" was derived by Brigham Young from the Ute term "Paragoon" which referred to the band of Paiutes who lived in the area and the salt marsh in the center of the valley.
A video by Brian Head Tourism Bureau offers a short introduction to the town:
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next